Curious about being part of WantedDesign Manhattan? Here are the top 10 reasons to exhibit with us in 2020.
1. WantedDesign 2020 will be the 10th edition of our design fair. We’re celebrating a decade of showcasing design talent and combining commerce and culture with a bigger and better platform than ever.
2. WantedDesign Manhattan graduates to the Javits Center to co-locate with the International Contemporary Furniture Fair (ICFF) for 2020. With NYCxDESIGN’s two biggest design fairs under the same roof — a 15-story Crystal Palace, no less — the Javits Center is the indisputable must-visit stop for NYC’s annual design festival.
3. WantedDesign co-founders Odile Hainaut and Claire Pijoulat personally review every application and approve every exhibitor. This high-touch approach to selecting exhibitors and partners insures a curated, top caliber experience for attendees and participants alike.
4. From the beginning, WantedDesign has drawn together international exhibitors and country pavilions to represent the diversity of the design landscape worldwide. For participating brands, WantedDesign Manhattan is a unique opportunity to access the US market.
5. Presented with Design Milk and co-sponsored by EQ3, Launch Pad is the best place for furniture and lighting designers to connect with manufacturers and show their concepts to industry professionals. The Launch Pad deadline has been extended to Jan 31st.
6. Look Book at WantedDesign Manhattan, presented with Dwell magazine, is a unique showcase for high-end North American designers, makers and studios. Launched in 2018, Look Book serves as an in-person portfolio, allowing members of the A&D community to connect directly with designers and makers to source beautiful pieces for their next projects.
7. WantedDesign has stellar media partners, from Design Milk for Launch Pad, to Dwell magazine for Look Book, to Core77 for Design Schools Workshop at WantedDesign Brooklyn. We partner with Clever podcast and Design Milk to present The Conversation Series and live podcasts at WantedDesign Manhattan.
8. WantedDesign is lucky to have built strong relationships with an impressive line-up of industry partners over the years. American Design Honors is co-presented with Bernhardt Design, with the winner selected by president Jerry Helling and WantedDesign’s co-founders. The jury for Launch Pad, led by Design Milk co-founder Jaime Derringer, includes industry legends and experts like Marva Griffin Wilshire, founder and curator of Milan’s SaloneSatellite; Giulio Cappellini, creative director of Cappellini; and representatives from companies like EQ3 and Juniper.
9. Over the last 10 years, WantedDesign has built a rich and supportive design community, connecting with everyone rom trade organizations like the International Interior Design Association (IIDA) and the American Society of Industrial Designers (ASID) to international design weeks like Toronto’s DesignTO and Design Week Mexico. Since its inception, WantedDesign has been involved in NYCxDESIGN, New York’s annual festival of design.
10. There’s still time to apply! The deadline for Launch Pad has been extended to Jan 31st, 2020. The deadline for Look Book is Feb 15th. To inquire about country pavilions and group shows, contact email@example.com Act quickly for the opportunity to be included in our first press announcements at the end of the month.